Fret saw is a tool frequently used in metalworking. Apart from using it as a cutting tool, it is also used to “hollow out”, a metalworking technique, to create a work.
Craft-ligraphy Workshop is hosted by Nathan Wong and Hazel Lee, who will teach and assist in creating your own word in brass as medium. This workshop is inspired by the exhibiting item: “Craft-ligraphy” in which this artwork was created with the same handicraft technique.
Participants will first learn the basics of using a fret saw, then engrave the Chinese word “jin(meaning gold)” written by local calligrapher, Wah Gor.
Both contemporary craftsmen cordially invite you to take part in the continuation of the installation “Craft-ligraphy”, to feel the essence of handicraft through fret saw cutting Wah Gor’s calligraphy.
People who are interested in metalworking, even not having any experience, are welcomed to join. By the end of the workshop, participants will have tailor-made their own brass word pin.
- We only accept cancellation by phone within Crafts on Peel office hours.
- 75% of the payment will be refunded for the cancellation before 48 hours of the class.
- Any cancellation within 48 hours of a class will not be offered a refund.
- Participants reserve the right to transfer the place to others.
- The refund will be completed within 21 working days