In the realm of the exhibition “Creations Enlivened: Metal,” we are proud to present the Material Discovery Workshop – Hammering and Chisel Engraving. The workshop allows you to experience the possibilities of traditional craft and metalwork.
The metal jewelry industry is based on a specialized division of labor system as the production process, hammer and chisel engraving is one of them. Craftsman adeptly uses a wide range of hammers and chisels with different dimensions and angles to carve a myriad of patterns onto metal objects.
The participant will learn about the foundation and application of hammer and chisel engraving with the practice of craving your simple yet unique pattern on the cardholder.
Master Peter Ng started learning chiseling techniques from Master Ng Tin Duk at the age of twelve. After completing his studies, he became a full-time craftsman specializing in engraving. With hard work, enthusiasm and more than half a century of experience, he co-founded the brand – Graver HK with his son Jan Ng in 2012. Together, the father-son partnership continues to develop the craft of metal engraving by incorporating chiseling into various contemporary works.
- We only accept cancellation by phone within Crafts on Peel office hours.
- 75% of the payment will be refunded for the cancellation before 48 hours of the class.
- Any cancellation within 48 hours of a class will not be offered a refund.
- Participants reserve the rights to transfer the place to others.
- The refund will be completed within 21 working days.