To celebrate the Mid-Autumn festival and embrace the tradition, contemporary artisan Jinno Neko has designed an exclusive lantern with rabbit and magpie patterns. On Sept 26 (Saturday), Jinno Neko will be teaching how to make a lantern by making use of the traditional bamboo crafting and papier-mache techniques of “binding, paper-mounting, painting, assembling”.
The fee includes 2 sets of materials in different colors, so you could craft another one at home! Join us to make a lantern by yourself and learn more about bamboo crafting!
*The workshop is suitable for 12 years old or above
Contemporary Artisan — Jinno Neko
Jinno Neko graduated from Fashion Design at the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education. During this period, she became interested in Japanese art and culture. In 2007, she began to use papier-mâché as a medium, and Japanese folk toy dog “Inu Hariko” as her inspiration to create Jinno dog, also known as “Jinno Inu” in different forms. She integrates bamboo crafting techniques into her creation. Apart from that, she has her own collection of illustrations.
Terms and Condition：
- Participants require a full payment to secure the seat.
- Successful applicants please arrive Crafts on Peel 10 minutes before the workshop begins.
- We only accept cancellation by phone within Crafts on Peel office hours.
- 75% of the payment will be refunded for the cancellation before 48 hours of the class.
- Any cancellation within 48 hours of a class will not be offered a refund.
- Participants reserve the rights to transfer the place to others.