Canton Porcelain, also known as Guangcai, is hand-painted ware on white porcelain. Known for its vibrant colours and intricate patterns, Canton Porcelain was mainly made for the export market during the Qing Dynasty. It represented a unique blend of Chinese and Western aesthetics.
Guangcai artisan – Lam Duen Shan Ming, will give a brief talk and teach the techniques of painting on porcelain, followed by tea appreciation with Guangcai ware.
Workshop details are as follow:
3:00 – 3:30pm – Tour of Exhibition: Crafts Interwoven – Past and Present
3:30 – 4:30pm – Workshop
4:30 – 5:00pm – Tea appreciation
Terms and Condition：
- Participants require a full payment to secure the seat.
- Successful applicants please arrive Crafts on Peel 10 minutes before the workshop begins.
- We only accept cancellation by phone within Crafts on Peel office hours.
- 75% of the payment will be refunded for the cancellation before 48 hours of the class.
- Any cancellation within 48 hours of a class will not be offered a refund.
- Participants reserve the rights to transfer the place to others.